Thursday, September 11, 2014

Melted

Yesterday night (10 September 2014), I watched Disney's film together with my Lil Bro.
*Singtel MIO customers who subscribed the FOX film could get to watch the film free-of-charge in HD*

I love, love, love the film. I think it is one of the best Disney's film. Now I know the reason why lil girls are obsessed with Frozen Elsa. She's beautiful, protective, thoughtful role model Queen. Add up to that, she is SEXY (Maybe I'm the only one who think she's sexy) and has magic power! She's a barely perfect sister. Sorry to say, but I think she's a bit selfish over-protective and timid. I'm fine that Elsa has displayed some flaws. This makes Frozen much more interesting and it is not a “typical” Disney princess film.

Since the night Elsa’s magic nearly killed her lil sis, Anna, Elsa lived in fear for a great amount of her life. She's worried that she would harm people around her with her magic. She shut herself away from the world. She remained hidden in her room, even during her parent's funeral. *I could not comprehend this part. Your parents are dead and how could you not attend their funeral?*

Her lil sis, Princess Anna is the cutest, outgoing princess. I never like naive girls and always find them to be annoying. Anna, she is naive but her character is likable and surprisingly, I love her. She is bubbly and cheeky. Princess Anna is my favourite character in the film. My Lil Bro thinks Princess Anna is more prettier than Queen Elsa. Sorry Elsa, we love you but we love your lil Sis more.

The amount of things I could relate to with Anna was awesome! I cannot stop laughing when I watched Anna waking up scene. I felt like I'm watching myself. The only thing missing was a huge puddle of drool. Anna is a legit representation of what people look like when they wake up.  It irks me alot to see Disney's princess wake up perfectly with their hair all nicely braided *Cindrella, Sleeping Beauty, I'm watching you!*

Anna is a socially-awkward and clumsy girl just like me! I am quite thrilled and excited because Anna breaks the stereotype that princesses have to be all graceful; and that makes Anna awesome and special.

Overall, I love love love this film. The film never bores me and I love every of the soundtracks. It is catchy and still has the unique Disney's sound in it. To make it more special, I watched the film with my lil bro. I never knew Frozen was about siblings love.

I am a big fan of siblings bonding and family oriented films. Hence, Frozen is one of my favourite film and maybe my first favourite Disney's film. I am torn to choose between Frozen or The Lion King.

I admire the relationship of Queen Elsa and Princess Anna. After Anna's accident, they may not be bonded together but they care and never stop loving one another. Their relationship is strong and their love is genuine. My brother almost cried when Elsa was sobbing hard while holding Anna's frozen body. It was his 2nd time watching the film and yet he told me he almost had tears in his eyes. He's too emotional just like me.

This film is a lesson learnt to me that blood run thicker than water. No matter how much you wanted to cut tie with your family, you will eventually bond to them. Running away from problems is NOT a good solution. Don't be afraid just because you are born different. Remember, Elsa is stronger when she embraces her differences.

Always be confident. I noticed that "self- blame" is one of the most painful emotional abuse one can ever inflict on themselves. Just look at Elsa. After the bad incident, she shut herself away from the world, not attending her parents funeral and had pushed her sister out of her life because she had hurt Anna and always had this belief that she was to blame. She lived in that constant pain and was afraid of history repeating itself. Therefore, never dwell in the past, learn from your mistake, don't be afraid, be confident and move forward! Instead putting the blame on yourself, take full responsibility in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment